NIA's expertise in nanotechnology education and training issues include:
- Offering direct support to practitioners and future nanotechnologists through training courses and in other materials,
- Supporting the educational environment that produces the required skills for nanotechnologists in future job market,
- Promoting the nuanced public engagement of nanotechnology issues to the wider public,
- Engendering multi-stakeholder and multi-sector engagement in creating 'best practices' for educational curricula surrounding nanotechnology
- Participating in forums such as the OECD WPN that engage multiple stakeholders in wider ethical and philosophical dialogue of nanotechnology's role in society.
NIA's education and training expertise has contributed to several OECD publications. The latest concerning Responsible Development of Nanotechnologies saw NIA providing industry input on best practices of nanotechnology education.