A limited number of complimentary places are available to members of the NIA. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
A one day open seminar has hence been organised for UK industry and the research community by the NanoKTN, the Nanotechnology Industries Association (NIA) and the National Physical Laboratory (NPL). It will focus on the developments and implications of recent standards and regulations, recognising that industry needs transparency as well as an opportunity to influence what standards and legislation will affect future business.
The seminar will address the following issues:
- The dissemination of published BSI, CEN and ISO standards, including recent PAS documents, which are of potential benefit to the community
- Education of UK industry in the value of being interested in the early development of standards
- Listening to feedback on the programme of developing standards and gathering opinions on the future direction of ISO/CEN/BSI committee activities from UK industry
- Giving a competitive advantage and voice to UK industry in determining how nanotechnology should be regulated and standardised
- Discussion of the implications of the recent EC recommendation on nanomaterial definition
- Increased industrial participation in the UK BSI committee
- Identification of new opportunities to develop new/additional strategic standards in support of UK business development